Saturday, July 27, 2013

Bacon-Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken - Crock-pot recipe

Most of my recipes here lately have come from Pinterest inspirations. I look for the easy, quick meals that sound appetizing. I also have to keep in mind my picky husband (I doubt he will read my blog, but shhh!, don't tell him I told the world he's picky!) I know I am safe when I choose a dish with bacon. What man doesn't melt when you say 'bacon's for dinner'?! My version didn't turn out quite as pretty as the Pinterest picture, but it was still appetizing.

Bacon-wrapped, apple-topped chicken
INGREDIENTS:
3-4 chicken breasts
1 cup BBQ sauce
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/8 cup lemon juice
3-5 Gala apples (depends on the size; if they are small, maybe 5, if they are larger, may only need 2)
8ish slices of bacon (un-cooked)

STEP 1: Wrap 3-4 pieces of chicken with about 4 slices of un-cooked bacon.
STEP 2: Chop 2-3 Gala apples in to bite-sized pieces.  Mix BBQ sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, and apples in a bowl.

STEP 2: Lay chicken on bottom of greased crock pot. Pour mixture over the top. Cook 6-7 hours on low. 



 Recipe from: www.chef-in-training.com


No comments:

Post a Comment