Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fruit Popsicles

Fruit Pops

I love having a summer birthday. You always get fun, summery gifts that just make you happy (and I am not just talking about the money!). This year, my brother and sister-in-law gave me a set of Popsicle molds. I tested them out last weekend with a few peaches I had lying around and Reece gave me 2 thumbs up. I bought a ton of fruit this week with the intention of making even more sweet (almost healthy) treats. The recipe is simple, which I obviously like. More than 5 or so ingredients, and you loose my interest. Have fun experimenting with different fruit combinations. 

(Photos below)


Peach Pops
4 ripe peaches
5 Tbsp sugar
several squeezes of lime juice (fresh is always best, but who always has limes lying around?! you can also use the stuff in the bottle)

Quick Tip for peeling peaches: boil a small pot of water on stove; cut 'x' through skin of peach on the bottom side; put peach in boiling water, 'x' side down for a minute or so; remove from boiling water and let cool until you can handle. Now you can easily peel the skin away from the peach :-)

In a blender, mix fruit, sugar, and lime juice. Do a taste test and add more sugar if necessary. 
Pour in to Popsicle molds and freeze for at least 6 hours. The pops should be good for about a week. 

Triple Berry Threat Pops
Raspberries
Blueberries
Strawberries
sugar
lime juice

Mix all ingredients in blender and pour in to molds. Freeze 6 hours. 

Fruit ready to cut up
pretty fruit

Add sugar and lime juice
pour in to molds

put the cap on and let the freezing begin!



1 comment: