Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Salmon Sensation

Summer Salmon Sensation 

Last week I was searching for a light, summery dish when salmon popped in to my brain. I decided to stop by Harry's Farmers Market on my way home from work and I hit the jackpot! They were having a one-day sale on wild-caught Alaskan salmon (only the best) so I knew it was a must! I found a very simple recipe online and paired it with simple veggies. While it was a very healthy and light meal, it was also very hearty. 

Ingredients:
Best salmon fillets you can find (they will likely have pin bones in them, so be careful)
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. olive oil 
salt 
pepper
dill

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. 
Place salmon fillets skin-side down on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and coated with baking spray (Pam). 
If butter is not soften, stick it in the microwave for a few seconds. Combine butter and olive oil. Stir in salt and pepper. 
Using pastry brush, smear butter mixture all over fish. 
Sprinkle dill all over salmon fillets. 
Bake salmon for about 15 minutes.

Pair with:
- Roasted (or grilled) asparagus   
(I coat my asparagus with a small amount of olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake in oven for about 10 minutes alongside salmon. Lightly drizzle balsamic vinegar over asparagus immediately after you remove from oven.)
- And/or roasted potatoes


Yum - wish I had remembered to take a picture! Next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment