Thursday, January 24, 2013

Easy Lunch - Black Bean Quesadilla

I am still on this 'hummus wrap' kick so that's what I am having for lunch today....however, my good friend Whitney Delaney shared a wonderful alternative to my wraps: Black Bean Quesadilla. Who doesn't love easy Mexican food?! Since I don't have a stove top at work, this is a "make-the-night-before and wrap in foil" kind of meal. You could always change up the filling with whatever you like.

While I would love to claim this photo, I didn't take it! I borrowed it :)
  • 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
  • 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, preferably pepper Jack
  • 1/2 cup prepared fresh salsa, divided
  • 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
  • 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
  • 1 ripe avocado, diced

PREPARATION


  1. Combine beans, cheese and 1/4 cup salsa in a medium bowl. Place tortillas on a work surface. Spread 1/2 cup filling on half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten.
  2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 quesadillas and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides, 2 to 4 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and quesadillas. Serve the quesadillas with avocado and the remaining salsa.
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/black_bean_quesadillas.html

2 comments:

  1. So how was it with making it the night before? It kept me full all afternoon at work yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tried it yet Whit! I was just making a suggestion about making it the night before ;0) I take your word that it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete