Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hummus Wrap = healthier choice for lunch

Since I have been a "grown up," I have struggled with what to take to work for lunch. I am sure you are saying, "that's easy...take a sandwich or a salad." Problem is, I'm burnt out on sandwiches from childhood (sorry Mom...I appreciate the fact that you packed my lunch each day, but I have had my fill on homemade sandwiches for life!!) And salads...well I will spare you the details, but I recently had a bad experience with a store bought salad that ironically, I had at work :(

I started doing some Google searches on "healthy lunches" and came across a healthy, yet filling choice. I had to share with you because I just savored every single bite of it and feel satisfied knowing that it was somewhat healthy :0)

Today 's Hummus Wrap
wheat tortilla (or pita bread)
hummus
turkey
spinach leaves
feta cheese crumbles
sauteed green bell peppers and red onion (left over from our pizza last night!)

Spread hummus over tortilla and layer toppings. Serve with fresh fruit. 


Hummus Wrap

Yum Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment