Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Find out what BBQ sauce and hamburgers have in common!

Here I sit, eating Dreamland BBQ, thinking about none other than, hamburgers! Yes, you read correctly. I tried an experiment (apple doesn't far from the tree, does it Hume family?!) just the other day. I was in my freezer/crockpot meal prepping frenzy, and bought a ton of ground beef at Sam's Club. I decided to make burgers that weekend with some of the meat. I usually leave all of the grilling (including prep work) to Reece,  but this time, I decided to do the prep. Taking after my crafty mother, I pulled what I had out of the fridge and pantry, including BBQ sauce. Below I will list some of the ingredients I used to make this delectable concoction.

Grilled Hamburgers
-lean ground beef (about 1 lb)
-BBQ sauce - anything you have - my favorites include Pete Warner's famous sauce; or Stubb's
-minced garlic or garlic powder
-onion powder
-salt and pepper
-cumin (no, it's not a Mexican burger!)
-chili powder

Directions:
Dump meat in bowl. Add a good amount (ya like that, huh?!) of BBQ sauce and a couple shakes of everything else! Use all of these ingredients or only a few. The BBQ Sauce is really what made these burgers tasty. Oh, and I bought the buns from the Publix bakery which I think was also key! Just ask my biggest food critic :-)

                                                                  Disclaimer: Sadly, I forgot to take a photo. 
                                                                                       I borrowed this one from the internet.
                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment