Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Freezer Cooking (Recipe 2) - Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

We are going to have another freezer to crock pot meal this evening. I will go ahead and share the recipe since it is so simple I already have it in my brain!

*Tip: For any freezer meal, you can double the recipe if you are feeding a larger family or just want more to have on hand.  One of these recipes will usually yield 4-5 servings. 

Buffalo Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
1/2 bottle buffalo wing sauce (*Variation: try using your favorite bbq sauce in lieu of wing sauce)
1/2 packet ranch seasoning mix
4-6 chicken breasts

Dump everything in a freezer bag. When ready, thaw, then cook low 6-7 hours or high 4-5 hours. Shred the chicken with a fork. Serve on a hoagie or sandwich bun with sweet potato chips. 




I added just a tiny bit of ranch dressing (that's what the white blob is!). I have uncovered another quick, delicious dish. I will say, go light on the wing sauce. I might have put a whole bottle instead of 1/2!! Better luck next time - the main thing is that the flavor is great and it was so so easy to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment